The term Soldier On or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Building 1, 80 Bellenden Street, Gungahlin, ACT, Australia 2912. ABN: 248 117 60786 and ACN: 159 358 219. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, logo, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with copyright
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Soldier On Gift Acceptance Policy
Soldier On is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to enable serving and ex-serving veterans and their families to thrive. Soldier On services are holistic and integrated and can be tailored to meet the needs of individuals and their families. Developed in line with world’s best practice, our services are evidenced-based and have been designed in consultation with Defence personnel, veterans, and their families. The purpose of this policy is to outline when and where we could accept or refuse the gifts and donations. This is a part of our values of being transparent fundraiser and foster ethical fundraising practices among our donors, partners, and broader supporters. It also creates a streamlined and informed giving experience to those who support Soldier On with donations. This policy aligns with the Fundraising Institute Australia (FIA’s) Code of Conduct in Fundraising.
This policy will apply to following internal or external people and stakeholders:
- Soldier On staff members directly and indirectly involved in fundraising or gift
- Soldier On donors, stakeholders, supporters, and partner organizations
- Soldier On pledge partners
- Soldier On board of directors
As per ATO’s guideline and definition, Soldier On recognises gift/donation* as:
- Voluntarily transfer of property and money where donor does not expect or get anything in return for the
- The donor does not monetarily benefit from the
* Donations are referred as Gift here after.
Soldier On may accept gifts from living donors. The planned gift i.e. Bequest is also accepted from the donor even after death. Assets or gifts donated to Soldier On will become Soldier On’s property. Soldier On board will retain legal authority and responsibility of utilising the gift for the cause and mission of the organisation.
- Soldier On will gratefully accept gifts from individuals, businesses, and supporters where the proceeds of gifts are not from crime, drugs and illegal activities.
- Soldier On accepts following gifts where there is no restriction for its board to apply full authority and discretion of selling or reselling to utilize gift for its mission and purposes:
- Cash of any amount
- Publicly traded shares
- Land/Buildings/Real estate gifts where Soldier On board can sell to generate revenue for its greater purposes.
- Other saleable properties where the selling value is greater than cost incurred in upkeeping or selling.
- Soldier On will not directly involve and run fundraising activities that involves raffles, gambling, and other sources that it believes does not align with its core mission, value, and purposes. Soldier On may accept the gifts indirectly associated with these sources without direct involvement of Soldier On.
- Soldier On will not accept the gifts if the gift involves or have possibility of any litigation or there is a reason to believe gift will cause harm on brand and reputation of Soldier On.
Condition when a gift can be refused and returned
Gifts will not be accepted if Soldier On board determines the gift is not in benefit of veterans and the defence communities we serve. Gifts could be refused and returned to the donor even after receipt of the gifts if Soldier On deems source of gift does not align with its values.
Tax-deductible receipts are issued to the donor by Soldier On for the gift in reasonable time. The National Fundraising Director retains and reserves the decision to determine condition for a particular gift to be refused. The National Fundraising Director will use their sole discretion if this needs to be done through the board. All the donations will be treated respectfully, and Soldier On will politely explain the reason to donor if gift is not deemed acceptable and reason of non-acceptance.
Soldier On Website Donations Refund Policy
Our site may include a facility for you to make a donation to us. If you use our site to make a donation, it is important that you complete all details as nominated on our site (including your contact details, the method of payment of the donation and the amount of the donation) carefully to ensure that they are correct before clicking on the Donate Now button on our site.
Once you click on the Donate Now button on our site, the donation will be processed and you will be committed to making the donation.
If you have made an error in the details entered on our site relating to the donation, you must notify us by email to email@example.com within 48 hours of making the donation through our site.
We consider requests for refunds on a case-by-case basis, if the error is deemed to be genuine and that a notification of the error is made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours. The auto-generated tax invoice will need to be returned to Soldier On for the refund to be processed.