Soldier On is supported by many education providers and offer courses throughout Australia that can be delivered face to face, online, or a combination of the two. Please contact our Education Officers to get started.
Note: fees may apply, these vary by course, contact us to discuss.
Soldier On’s education program ensures your abilities, attributes, and skills gained during your Defence career are recognised in the civilian workforce.
Our education program is:
Effective – you will obtain qualifications and skills that will assist you in your civilian life.
Efficient –you will obtain qualifications and skills through the shortest route and with minimal cost.
Scalable – rolled out nationally the qualifications and skills on offer can be modified, built upon or removed when required.
Sustainable – qualifications and skills on offer are inclusive, equitable and of the best quality by partnering with long term, educational partners.
RECOGNISE SKILLS, ADVANCE, AND DEVELOP NEW QUALIFICATIONS
Our partner education and training organisations offer a wide range of courses that can help Defence personnel and their families develop new skills, get recognition for existing skills, build on current skills and experience as well as explore new skills and vocational areas. Areas of courses Soldier On education partners offer include:
- Working with Registered Training Organisations, Defence personnel, veterans, and their families can have their current skills and experiences translated and reviewed. This can be in the form of Recognition of Prior Learning fast tracking your civilian career.
- Career direction and personal skills which can be used by Defence personnel, veterans, and their families across many aspects and areas of their lives from time management, communication, mentoring, and work-life balance.
- The opportunity to upskill in numerous disciplines. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Business Admin
- Finance (Financial Planning, Finance and Mortgage Broking)
- Real Estate and Property Services
- Project Management
- Security and Risk Management
- Work Health and Safety
- Security Operations
- Marketing and Communications
- Human Resources
- Leadership and Management
- Education Support (Teacher’s Aide)
- IT and Cybersecurity
- Firearms Safety
- Community Justice Services
- Fitness (Master Trainer, Remedial Massage etc) – QLD only at this stage
- Fire Safety Adviser Course
- Trades and Apprenticeships (Many specialisations and national reach)
- And many more!
ELIGIBILITY AND COST
Most courses are open to Defence personnel, veterans, and their families, however some are limited to the Defence member.
Through the generous support of Soldier On’s Education partners, courses are offered at reduced costs or free to participants registered with Soldier On. Please speak with one of our Education Officers to hear more about any specific course costs.
Opportunities will be advertised via Soldier On newsletters, on this website, and on our social media channels, as they become available.
To register interest or discuss your education needs, speak with one of our Education Officers.